DON'T GET CAUGHT out of TCPA compliance.
TCPA fines and lawsuits are on the rise. Do you need to know if phone numbers in your list are landlines, cell phone numbers, or VoIP numbers? This do it yourself LNP tool identifies phone number type in real-time. Includes telephone carrier, OCN, and location. Service can also detect if numbers are active or disconnected. All services work for US, and some for Canada.
Process just a few or more than a million records.
Upload TXT, CSV or Excel file to get started
This step usually takes a few seconds.
SAVE MONEY WITH VALIDATED PHONE NUMBERS!
Add Line Type
to Phone Numbers
Make Your Data
and Spam Complaints
Fast and Reliable
No Annual Fees
Pay Per Use Only
Only $7 Minimum
Secure and Private
We Never Use Your Data
Save time and Avoid TCPA compliance hassles
How do you know if you have a TCPA Compliance Problem?
You may already have compliance problems if you are not revalidating numbers. Millions of phone numbers are reassigned each year. Businesses who have received prior express consent cannot rely on consumers to inform them of a reassignment. You risk violating the TCPA by placing any calls with an ATDS to any number after it has been reassigned. The best course of action is to revalidate monthly.
Can you afford a TCPA Violation?
The cost of a class action lawsuit can be debilitating for your business. Companies of consumer-facing industries face a continued wave of class action filings under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). In 2018, TCPA lawsuits were one of the most frequently filed types of class actions in courts across the country. These Batch tools can help you avoid these lawsuits.
Reduce Fraud and Spam Complaints
It's inevitable, if you're marketing your services by calling or texting consumers you're bound to get some complaints filed against your business with the FCC and FTC. If you're not revalidating phone numbers every month you're in real jeopardy of increased complaints based on reassigned numbers alone. If you are doing everything you can to ensure your phone numbers are opt-in only, the next step is to ensure they haven't been ported or changed. You may even want to take it a step further and validate the owner name.
Want to know if you can use voice calls, Text/SMS or MMS?
Enhancing your phone database by identifying the line type can ensure you are using the best communication method for the type of line.
COMPARE PHONE LINE TYPE SERVICE LEVELS
Help and Instructions
How Should I Format the File I Upload?
- Text (*.txt, *.csv) and Excel (*.xlsx) files can be uploaded.
- Your file can contain up to 20 columns in any order.
- The phone number can be in any column and can be in any format (7604547301, 760-454-7301, (760) 454-7301, 17604547301, etc).
- Columns can be separated by tab, comma or pipe (|). Unix, PC and Mac files are supported.
- Your file can have a header row with column titles or not have it.
- We do not check for duplicates or rows that contain blank or invalid records.
You are charged for each row of submitted data. Please remove duplicates and blank lines before processing, if you do not wish to be charged for them.
- There is no limit on number of records. You can upload files with thousands or even millions of records. You will be notified by email when processing is complete.
What Information Will Be Included In My Results?
The results will be returned in a CSV (comma-separated values) text file. You can open CSV files with Excel. The file will contain all your original data with new columns added at the end. See the COMPARE SERVICE LEVELS section above on what's included for each service. Here are some details on the returned data.
- Carrier. For the Standard Line Type service it's the original phone company (local exchange carrier) name. It's about 60% accurate due to number portability for With landlines the accuracy is higher. For all other services that include LNP (number portability) check, it's the current carrier, with 95% accuracy. Name discrepancy can typically occur when one carrier was acquired by another. For VOIP, will not see Vonage, Ooma, Google Voice or Skype, but rather a LANDLINE carrier (e.g., BANDWIDTH.com, Level 3 Communications) that has leased a range of its phone numbers to a VoIP carrier.
- Ported. Will return YES or NO.
- Reachable Line Status*. The service offers a low-cost method of identifying phone numbers as reachable or not. The method is based on sophisticated algorithms and carrier data. The Standard service works for US only. These statuses are returned:
- ACTIVE - Phone number is reachable
- INACTIVE - Disconnected phone number
- INVALID - Phone number does not exist (e.g. invalid area code or not issued)
- UNKNOWN - Status cannot determined
- Line Type*. Identifies how phone is connected to the network. For the Standard service it's the line type of the original carrier. The accuracy is still close to 95%, as vast majority of phone numbers have been transferred from one mobile carrier to another, keeping the line type unchanged. Carrier reported by Advanced and Reachable Phone Number services is 99.9% accurate.
- LANDLINE - Wired home or business phone number
- CELLULAR - Wireless mobile phone number
- VOIP - Landline number leased to a Voice over IP provider
- UNKNOWN - Invalid or not yet issued phone number
- DNC List. Will return YES or NO. The "Do Not Call" list is US Federal registry of phone numbers that telemarketers are prohibited from calling in most circumstances. The consumers can contact the agency to register their numbers. Companies are prohibited from making calls to sell goods or services to any numbers listed, and are subject to substantial fines, if they fail to comply. Data is updated every Monday directly from FCC. Canadian National Do Not Call List is not searched.
- SMS Email*. For cell phone numbers, SMS email (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) is provided
- OCN. Operating Company Number (Carrier ID)
- Location. Rate Center and/or Central Office location. It can be city name (SEATTLE), city abbreviation (NEWPORTBCH) or code (NWYRCYZN01)
- State. 2-letter code for US State or Canadian Province
- Time Zone. Time Zone of the phone number location (e.g. Eastern Daylight Time).
*Accuracy. Some active numbers may be reported as inactive, especially if they have been issued or reissued within the last 60 - 90 days. Phone number accuracy can vary due to how old the numbers in your list are, where they were derived, line type, and regional or national carrier reporting. It's not uncommon to see a 5% - 15% variance in reporting active as inactive or visa verse. Lists obtained via number generator or other means have greater degrees of variance.* Sending SMS or MMS email to Mobile Numbers. This is the simplest way to send text messages from the Internet or from your computer to mobile phones. These email addresses essentially act as a direct link to a carriers SMS gateway. Keep in mind that the length of an SMS email should be kept to fewer than 160 characters. If you are sending MMS there is typically no character limit, however, large files may be rejected by the carrier. While Searchbug provides this information with our Advanced Line Type Service and Active Phone Number Check, you, the end user, should have customer consent to avoid any FCC regulation infractions such as TCPA.
SMS (Short Message Service) and MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) are both used in mobile phones for non-voice communications. SMS is typically used to send text, while MMS is typically used to send images, music, animations, or other interactive documents, or files.
What Happens After I Upload the File?
Here is the overview of the next steps:
- Define Columns. We will show a preview of the uploaded file, where you will tell us which column contains phone numbers.
- Select Service Option and Submit Your Order. You will have a chance to review phone verification options (standard, advanced or active phone number) and select one. We will show the processing cost, based on selected service and record count. Estimated time to process will also be displayed.
- Payment. This step a bit different for existing or new users.
- Existing users with a regular Pay-As-You-Go account: Your saved credit card will be authorized for the shown amount. After your file is complete, we will use that authorization to charge your card.
- Existing users with a Prepaid account: Your account balance will be used for the full payment.
- New Users will be asked to sign up and provide a credit card. It's a quick one-page registration process. Our system will authorize your credit card and charge it when your results are ready. Some new accounts may be put on hold for a verbal verification process. If your account is on hold and the timing of your results are critical, please call our office at (800) 990-2939 during business hours.
- Processing. If payment is successful and your account is in good standing, the processing will start immedeatly. You can close your browser or use other Searchbug tools. You will receive email when file is ready. The Batch Dashboard will allow you to monitor the progress and see details on all your recent batches.
- Download Results. We will send you an email with a link to download the results, when ready. The output files can be found in Your Account > Reports and the Batch Dashboard.
Where Does Your Information Come From?
- Carrier billing systems
- Real-time number portability check
- Specialized telecommunication databases and live sources
- North American Numbering Plan Administration
- Canadian Numbering Administrator
- Searchbug proprietary data and methods
Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
How Much Does It Cost?
- Cost is based on number of records in your file and it goes down significantly with larger volumes.
- Volume tiers start at 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, 50,000 and 100,000.
- Use PRICING CALCULATOR tool above for a specific quote.
- There is a $7.00 Minimum Charge
- Search Tokens ($T) cannot be used as a payment for batch processing
Need Additional Help?
Contact Us by email or Call 800-990-2939 (Mon - Fri 8:30 am - 4:00 pm PST)